Rotathene "SUPA UV" Poly Tanks
While poly water tanks are one of the most popular tank choices, it is important to consider that not all poly tanks are the same.
Australia has one of the highest levels of UV radiation in the world with over 200 kilolangleys of UV radiation annually, double that of SE Asia, Europe and most of North America. With such high level of UV exposure, it is important that any product in Australia's Sun be able to endure and stand the test of time.
Rotathene® SUPA UV was created to meet the exacting needs of the Australian water tank industry. It incorporates advanced additive technology to provide superior protection for rotomoulded products. Rotathene® provides a much higher level of protection than the industry standard and it is referred to as "SUPA UV" for this reason.
The Australian standard for polyethylene tanks, AS/NZS 4766:2006, specifies a UV8 level of stabilisation as the minimum required for good long term protection in Australia. Rotathene® SUPA UV incorporates advanced additive technology to provide UV protection well in excess of a UV8 level.
UV8 protection means the polyethylene can withstand 8,000 hours of accelerated UV radiation. Whether or not failure occurs is based upon how well the polyethylene samples stretch after being placed in a weatherometer test chamber. Polyethylene is deemed to have failed when the elasticity, drops to 50% of its original value (this is called 50% Elongation).
Accelerated intense UV weathering applied to SUPA UV polyethylene samples show that even after 36,000 hours, some pigmented samples retain over 80% Elongation.
All Team Poly tanks make use of SUPA UV polyethylene making our poly tanks truly superior to others on the market.
- Australian Standards for Water Tanks and Tank Installations
- Choosing a Suitable Rainwater Tank – Poly Tank Range of Models, Sizes and Styles
- Rotathene® SUPA UV – The Sun Protection Standard for Polyethylene Water Tanks in Australia
- Testing the UV Protection of Polyethylene in Water Tanks Against the Harmful Effects of the Sun
- Water Tanks Compared: Poly Tanks versus AQUAPLATE® Steel Tanks
- Water Tanks Compared: Poly Tanks versus Galvanised Steel Tanks
- Water Tanks Compared: Poly Tanks versus Stainless Steel Tanks
- Water Tanks Compared: Poly Tanks versus ZINCALUME® Steel Tanks