Team Poly make easy-to-install and eco-safe 60 litre water diverters. Unlike other diverters on the market, you don’t need to purchase additional piping separately. Everything is included in our special self-contained water diverter unit.
Water diverters ensure a cleaner water supply by stopping the initial run-off of rainwater from entering your rainwater tank. This “first flush” of rainwater can contain debris, particles and possibly chemicals that settled on your roof.
Diverters provide fresher water and help prevent mosquitoes and their larvae entering your tank. Many councils require you to install them, so they are generally a mandatory water tank accessory.
How Team Poly's Water Diverter Works
- Rain falls onto your roof, down into your gutters and towards a downpipe.
- The downpipe leads the water from your gutters to your tank.
- Water passes through the built-in leaf filter which strains the water of larger particles then begins to fill the diverter body.
- Once full, the cleaner water passes directly into the rainwater tank inlet spout.
- The diverter body has a hole at the bottom attached to a drain valve which when left partially open, allows the captured “first flush” of water to slowly empty. You can attach piping from the valve to use this water in your garden or direct it to stormwater drainage.
Water Diverter Specifications
Diverts first 60 litres of rainfall to ensure cleaner supply.
- 700m (L) x 470mm (W) x 810mm (H)
- Easily fits 13,500L to 50,050L tanks
- Leaf filter built in
- Adjustable drain valve
- 5 year pro rata warranty